Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Best creams for Sunburn Itching?

My fiance got burnt pretty bad and now the burn isnt as bad...but the itch is horrible for him. Do you have any suggestions? I had him take Ibproferen (sp) and put Solarcaine on his there anything else or better? thanks!Best creams for Sunburn Itching?
I read the first answer--do not put deodorant on it!! that could be a disaster! there is a lotion called Cetaphil that is really mild and lasts all day. that is usually what i use when i get burnt. actually i only use it after the burn is gone and i get itchy. while i still have the burn i use aloe veraBest creams for Sunburn Itching?
I read on yahoo that deodorant works good and I tried it. It actually does work pretty good. The sunburn itch is the worst!!
Sarna, it is an itch lotion. Can be purchased at drug stores or grocery stores. Or use refridg. aloe gel.
Try Aloe Vera with lidocaine in it. They sell it at most drug store, but make sure it has lidocaine in it.
Gold Bond lol:)

i watched the commercial and it relives all kinds of itc hes:)

Iam suffering from itching tell me about some creams, medicines that i should prefer?

There are two reasons why this is not the right place to pose this question.

First - you don't say where the itch is.

Secondly - only a doctor or a nurse is the right person to give medical advice.Iam suffering from itching tell me about some creams, medicines that i should prefer?
oatmeal bath you can find it at walmart also benadryl allergy antihistamine helps greatlyIam suffering from itching tell me about some creams, medicines that i should prefer?
This depends on where your itchy and why
Aveeno soap works great!

My dad's had excessive itching 4 over 6 mos now. What can I do to relieve the itching. Rx creams not helping

OTC Creams and medicine has not helped. We're desperate. Can someone help?My dad's had excessive itching 4 over 6 mos now. What can I do to relieve the itching. Rx creams not helping
For an itch to go on this long sounds like an allergy to something that he's coming into contact with.

Have you changed laundry detergents within the last 6 months? That's one of the first things that a good doctor will ask. It often helps to change to a detergent that is ';free'; of smells - meaning no dyes and no smells. There are several on the market that are good.

This also means no fabric softeners -- unless it's a ';free'; one as well.

You didn't say where the itching is. I'm assuming that it's all over.

This could also be a reaction to a medication that he's on. Often times, itching is one of the top nuisance side-effects of medication. Has he changed medication or started a new medication in the past 6 months?

If neither of those things could be the trigger, it's possible that he's allergic to something he's eating or coming into contact with, which can be extremely hard to figure out. Many people are allergic to milk, wheat, dairy, corn... the list goes on and on.

I would advise that he go and see a dermatologist first, and that doctor may even refer him to an allergist to have testing done to see if they can pinpoint exactly what's causing the itch.

Like I said - I'd try switching laundry detergents, then review his medications before anything else.

Good luck to you!My dad's had excessive itching 4 over 6 mos now. What can I do to relieve the itching. Rx creams not helping
How about a doctor? He probably has scabies.
He needs to see his doctor or a dermatologist. He may need prescription meds or an injection to stop the itching. The doc may need to do some tests to determine what is going on, but I hope it's not anything contagious!
Tell him to visit a doctor. I'm guessing there isn't too many here on yahoo question time
get him checked for Scabies.
Please see a doctor...He'll be able to diagnosis it...excessive itching SOUNDS LIKE poison oak??? But who knows?..Only a doctor knows..or maybe, ask a pharmacist...???
have you tried a cortizone shot?
I have had extreme itching on the back side of my hands. little bumps appeared and it looked weird. doctors all said that it is dry skin, weeks went by and no help with the creams. The only thing that helped was coconut butter lotion. believe it or not it cures stretch marks on pregnant woman and all other skin irritations. tell your father to try it out i cured my hands and i havent had problems sense. i still to this day dont know why may hands were so itchy and looked so bad but the coconut butter really worked.
If you have no obvious rason for the chemical irritants, allergies or eczma he should get antihystamines from the doctor...
Try an oatmeal bath.

Edit: Can you possibly describe what his skin looks like while he is itching, and how long he itches for.
What other symptoms? Is there a rash, roughness, tracking marks? When none of the medications help, it is time to get a reevaluation for what the root cause is, whether allergy, scabies, dry skin, etc. Good luck.
YES go get some over the counter claritin ( loritidine 10 mg) sam's club has it the cheapest, nothing could stop my excema from itching but ive been taking 2 pills morning %26amp; 2 at night . it works my dermatologist said its safe.
Is there an ';after-hours clinic'; close by? He could need a shot to relieve it. Sounds like some sort of allergic reaction. Try benedryl.
oatmeal bath and calomine lotion(sp?)
  • opera
  • Vaginal burning/itching relief creams.. which one?

    I was stuck at a wedding all day which rather tight pants and a panty liner. The panty Liner was scented, which i didnt know. During the middle of the day it my vagina started to get uncomfortable, and sore. I went to the Bathroom and removed the panty liner but the rest of the day it started to get worse.. and i couldnt do much about it because i was stuck at the reception. Now my outer Vagina is Sore, itchy and burns very mildly .. When i look at it, the underside of my labia are slightly red.

    What over the counter cream should I get to relieve the irritation?. I have no discharge or smell, its just really annoying.. ive been putting A%26amp;D on it but it doesnt do much.Vaginal burning/itching relief creams.. which one?
    If you were wearing tight clothes for a while you could have got thrush (yeast infection), so I'd try getting medication for that rather than general vaginal creams.

    Neither me or anybody else I know has got smelly or abnormal discharge btw, so don't rule out thrush because you haven't got that.Vaginal burning/itching relief creams.. which one?
    Try diaper rash cream. It is great for any area of the body that is itchy or heat rash. It is also very gentle on the skin.
    Canesten. I know it's for yeast infections but it works great for the symptoms you're describing.
    I wouldn't put anything on it, it's just an alergic type reaction, not an infection.

    If need be just pick any cream but to be honest I wouldn't mess about and probably make things worse.

    Just go in a bath with warm water and no soap.
    Just wash with a mild soap and rinse well...leave it alone for a while...AND stop using scented liners....
    I would wait it out because usually if you had like a yeast infection you would have a fishy smell and discharge. What you have could just be a reaction to the scented panty liner.

    I have vaginal itching that won't go away with creams and experiencing pelvic pain. What could it be?

    I am about 99.9% sure that it isn't an STD. I am married and not involved in an affair.My lower pelvic area is hurting not an intense pain just a burning with kind of painful twinges along with itching that keeps going on without any relief from OTC creams for yeast infections. I don't have any discharges or odors down there. Please help!!I have vaginal itching that won't go away with creams and experiencing pelvic pain. What could it be?
    Call your doctor. You doctor may be able to diagnose this over the phone, and if not, a quick painless visit will quickly tell you what you have.

    It sounds like you have one of three things - a yeast infection, a bacterial infection like vaginitis, or a (sounds unlikely) bladder infection.

    If it is vaginities, you some antibiotics will clear it up. If it is a yeast infection, it may be the yeast is not reacting with the creams, and your doctor can prescribe a pill that kills all the yeast cells in your body, and should start to give you relief in one to three days.

    It is really easy to get either vaginitis or a yeast infection down there. If your hormones are fluctiating oddly, you are stressed, basically anything that changes the uh, natural flora and fauna, things can start to get out of balance.

    So don't worry about a STD. Go to your doctor, and find out what it is. That way if you get these symptoms again you can treat it on your own (if it is a yeast infection). The longer you treat for the wrong thing, the longer you will be uncomfortable. These things aren't any fun! Good luck!I have vaginal itching that won't go away with creams and experiencing pelvic pain. What could it be?
    keep it dry and cool place avoid sun light keep it out reach of adults for some days .
    I'm 99% sure you'll get rid of the itching. You have this itch probably because of the bacterial build-up in that area.

    Change your underwear daily. After urinating, wash your private part off. After you goto the toilet, wash it off instead of wiping it off.
    go see a doctor, immediately. you can catch a disease not only from an affair (yours or your husband's), but also by other different ways.
    GO C A DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY...U MIGHT HAVE AN INTERNAL VAGINAL INFECTION THAT NEEDS TO BE TACKLED WITH IMMEDIATELY OTHERWISE IT CAN WORSEN AND SPREAD....IT MIGHT ALSO BE RELATED TO A TUMOR CONDITION OR A GROWING STEM...PLZ CONSULT A GYNEACOLOGIST THIS V DAY!.....Maybe uve used some kindof hair removing cream etc which is causing the not the expert but i know what it an be related to! the best way to find out is the doc! get well soon! and plz take care!
    At first I would say a yeast infection but you say it isn't. I would go to the doctor because I don't know what else it could be.
    Try shaving your hairs away, it may be that.

    Have you considered your husband may be having an affair?

    Try substain from sex with your husband for a bit, and if it goes away, and you have sex again, and it comes back, it may be him.

    You should get yourself over to a gynae, it may just be an elergic reaction to a new panty you got or something you eating.
    What are you doing asking here? This is your health we are talking about! Most of the people here are teenagers. Maybe you can get some good advice here and I hope that you do, but for heavens sake go to the doctor!!!

    I am hesitant to say this and I don't mean to make you feel bad, but just because a woman ';isn't involved in an affair'; doesn't mean that her husband isn't.

    He probably isn't and its probably nothing but don't fool around-see a doctor.
    Gonnorhea is nothing to clap about. Go to the OBGYN, ASAP. There are alot of STD's that don't have any symptoms for women.
    you definitely should see a professional about this, there are so many things it could be there are pelvic inflammatory diseases, it could be an infection that is reoccurring, it could be a coital infection, some women are sensitive after relations with husbands have to be treated, remember women's equipment is delicate needs careful and constant hygeine and care.
    it might be a vaginitis it means that your private organ has a bacteria that eats up the wall of your hymen but you said your married it only happen with virgins so the best thing to do is see a doctor.

    Can you use hair removal creams on the male gentalia without pain such as burning or itching?

    I'd encourage u to leave it's only hair...%26amp; obviously probably should be there...for whatever reason. Your genitalia should be super-sensitive to certain creams, lotions, sharp objects, etc., etc. Try to get to learn to like the gential area in it's hair growth format.....If you feel it is excessive, possibly you can 'trim' with a scissors, or some sort of shaver...This area of your body is designed to remove waste material %26amp; pro-creation, etc. Overall, probably a pretty well adapted design....just maintain it's cleanliness %26amp; go on with your life..Can you use hair removal creams on the male gentalia without pain such as burning or itching?
    nooo do not use hair removal down thereCan you use hair removal creams on the male gentalia without pain such as burning or itching?
    Leave the hair alone. Bald genitals make you look like you never went through puberty - really pervy. Unless you have crabs, you should never remove the protective hair from that sensitive area.

    Nair will make you feel like you have fire ants in your whitey tighties.
    Man! just use some clippers and a razor. And shaving cream for sensitive skin.
    make your cat lick it off
    The answer is ...... YES
    Yes you can less hassle makes it a whole lot smoother and sensitive. So enjoy hair!!!!!!!!

    Creams to use on belly for itching?

    I can't use anything with cocoa butter because I will get a horrible rash, are there any other creams out there to help with the itching, not necessarily stretch marks? I've read that some creams can't be used on the stomach because it will go directly to the fetus so I don't know which cream to buy.Creams to use on belly for itching?
    This is going to sound a bit sticky, but it isnt. I use olive oil straight out of the shower with my skin just a touch damp so that it dries nicely, and after im completely dry (a few mins later) baby lotion. It is very soothing %26amp; my skin looks like milk :)Creams to use on belly for itching?
    You can use only olive oil if you want. Sounds funny but my grandmother told me to and it works. AND I have no stretch marks at all to top it off.
    ive had terrible itching the doctor told me to use calamine lotion its the only thing thats helped i tried allot of normal lotions %26amp; still itched
    Cocoa butter cream from Palmers will work. If you can find a Vitamin E oil that will help as well.