Thursday, December 31, 2009

Are these anti-itch creams safe to use during pregnancy?

Hello,





Is Aveeno Calamine %26amp; Pramoxine HCI Anti-Itch cream and/or Gold Bond Anti-Itch cream ok to use during pregnancy?





I'm 28 weeks pregnant and I have an itchy belly! I've asked my Doctor about the creams and he said they should be fine. But he also said that if they don't work then he'll give me a steroid cream and well if he thinks steroid creams are ok then I'm not to sure about his opinion on these creams. I might be just paranoid but I like to get more then one person's opinion on things like this. And besides I think I have the right to be just a little paranoid about the health of my babies :)





Anyways, Do you know if these creams have any side effects?





Thank you!!!





(Aveeno Calamine %26amp; Pramoxine HCI Anti-Itch cream)


http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100786%26amp;id=prod4348#ingredient





(Gold Bond Anti-Itch cream)


http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100786%26amp;id=prod4541#ingredientAre these anti-itch creams safe to use during pregnancy?
I'm 33 weeks with twins and I used the Aveeno cream for a rash I have on my legs and feet. It didn't work but my doctor said it was safe. I also tried regular calamine, hydrocortizone and benadryl, all suggested by my doctor. In the end none of it worked for me, but it sounds like yours is just the normal itchy belly from the skin stretching. If you really don't want to use a medicated lotion, I heard that aloe vera lotion is really good and helps to hydrate your skin so the stretch marks aren't so bad. If you develop a rash though you should be sure to mention it to your doctor.





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment