Saturday, December 26, 2009

I ran out of the cream for my eczema. Any ideas how to stop the itching?

It's getting worse. I keep scratching it (yes, I know, shame on me, yadda yadda yadda). I cleaned it with peroxide. I need to relieve the itching. Any ideas to relieve it? Or at least take care of it so that I can make it go away?I ran out of the cream for my eczema. Any ideas how to stop the itching?
I know how you feel, I have it on the palm of my hand at the moment and without steroid cream the only thing that brings relief is actually drawing blood.





If you really cannot squeeze any cream out the tube try slapping the affected part, really sharply. this does sometimes work with me..worth a try. Try any thing to moisturise it, its often the dryness that causes the itch, avoid perfumed moisturisers. If you have any oats in the house mix some up with a little hot water, let it ';brew'; then either bathe your eczema with the milky fluid or drain the oats and apply like a poultice (old socks are great for holding it in place) Or even do both. Oats are very soothing.I ran out of the cream for my eczema. Any ideas how to stop the itching?
have you tried any lanacaine? Maybe that will help with the itching

No comments:

Post a Comment