Saturday, December 26, 2009

If I use cream for my scabies and it stopped itching does that mean their gone?

I did take medicine that helps the itching, but a lot of people say it's normal to still feel itchy for 1 to 2 weeks.If I use cream for my scabies and it stopped itching does that mean their gone?
Scabies are small mites that dig their way under the skin. The cream/liquid/soap kills the mite, BUT it's body is still stuck under skin layers. This will cause continued itching and inflammation for several weeks. What you need to be looking for is NEW lesions/sores that are signs of mites that are still alive. Also, if you have a new infestation, ask your doctor for a medicine called IVERMECTIN (prescription and expensive). This is a 4 pills that you take all at once, then repeat one week later. This kills all the mites from the inside out, and you do not have to worry about missing any of them with the creams/soaps. You will still be itchy for a week or two as the dead mites work themselves out of your skin as your skin sheds.If I use cream for my scabies and it stopped itching does that mean their gone?
everyone reacts differently to treatment. Take it until the doc says stop
Nope. It means you have scurvy.
NO! you need to complete recommended treatment! Scabies isn't like poison ivy where you have an allergy that causes blistering and severe itchiness.. Scabes is actually small organisms that are in those blisters and under your skin causing that severe itchiness!! Those organisms have to be killed with the medication to break free of it! It won't cycle and go away like poison ivy.
I had scabies once and got a liquid to put on. I did it twice and washed all my clothes in hot water. After that the majority of the itching was gone but I was nervous for weeks that the treatment worked.
the cream may help get rid of the itching but it may not necessarily mean that when the itching stops, the scabies is totally gone.Have it checked and evaluated by a skin doctor.
  • nba teams
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment